As you know, the IREJN Green Houses of Worship program outlines 3 levels of achievement with incremental steps towards environmental stewardship along the way. One of the steps is to help run a Solarize program which helps congregation members get solar on their residence.
The Unitarian Societies of Bridgeport, Hartford, and Manchester are working together to form a faith based Solarize program to begin in the fall. They are looking for other Houses of Worship to join them. What does this mean?
Here is what the program asks of participants:
- Form a Solarize team with in your congregation that would run the 18 week program
- Review the installer proposals and select an installer with the other participating Houses of Worship
- Host a Solarize workshop after services
- Distribute promotional
announcements and flyers
Here is what you and your congregation get as part of the program:
- A dedicated solar installer that attends your educational meetings and helps with outreach
- Discounted pricing – published at the outset of the campaign (Of course nothing precludes people from shopping around)
- Education for your members on how solar fits in with being a better steward of our Earth and how to to go navigate going solar in Connecticut
- A chance to engage other religious communities and neighbors in this effort – thereby strengthening inter-religious and community ties
- A check mark towards achieving Level 3 of Green Houses of Worship
This a great opportunity to engage with other houses of worship and to promote solar energy. If you are interested please contact: