Saturday, April 29 is the 100th day of the Trump presidency. On that day, we will gather and march in Washington D.C. in support of climate, jobs, and justice. We will march with the following goals:
- Advance solutions to the climate crisis [that are] rooted in racial, social and economic justice and committed to protecting front-line communities and workers.
- Protect our right to clean air, water, land, healthy communities and a world at peace.
- Immediately stop attacks on immigrants, communities of color, indigenous and tribal people and lands and workers.
- Ensure public funds and investments create good paying jobs that provide a family-sustaining wage and benefits and preserve workers’ rights, including the right to unionize.
- Fund investments in our communities, people and environment to transition to a new clean and renewable energy economy that works for all.
- Protect our basic rights to a free press, protest and free speech.
If you went to the People’s Climate March in 2014 and any of the Women’s Marches in 2017, you know how powerful it is to take to the streets and raise your voice. There are buses leaving from every major Connecticut city – please buy your tickets EARLY to guarantee all of the buses. IREJN will designate a meeting place in D.C for any IREJNers who want to march together.
Courtesy of our friends at 350CT, here are the links to buy bus tickets. More buses will be added as demand increases.