- 1 ¼ lb. Brussels sprouts, trimmed and quartered lengthwise
- 5 Tbs. canola or grapeseed oil, divided
- ¾ cup millet
- ⅔ cup toasted chopped walnuts
- ⅔ cup chopped dried cranberries
- 3 Tbs. chopped fresh parsley
- 2 Tbs. balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbs. pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- ½ tsp. grated lemon zest
1. Preheat oven to 475°F. Toss Brussels sprouts with 2 Tbs. oil in large bowl, and season with salt, if desired. Arrange sprouts in single layer in 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Roast 20 to 24 minutes, or until brown and tender, stirring once. Cool 5 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, heat large saucepan over medium heat. Add millet, and cook 6 to 8 minutes, or until golden. Add 2 cups water, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer 20 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed. Transfer millet to large bowl. Cool 5 minutes. Fold Brussels sprouts, walnuts, cranberries, and parsley into millet.
3. Whisk together remaining 3 Tbs. oil, vinegar, syrup, lemon juice, and lemon zest in bowl. Stir into millet mixture, and season with salt, if desired.